When considering your video marketing strategy, the first question is unavoidable network or networks should I focus on when creating and promoting my videos?
To help you, here are some interesting facts about the most popular video social networks.
Most Popular Video Marketing Platforms:
Since its creation in 2005, YouTube has become the video platform par excellence worldwide. And in October 2020 it already has 2 billion active users per month, incredible!
Its audience is focused on the millennial and centennial generation since they are the ones who consume the most hours of videos.
The age group between 16 and 25 years old consumes an average of 9.21h of online video per week (only 6.19h on TV) and those between 26 and 35 years old 8.68h (compared to 7.90h on TV).
The generational change is seen, the older the age, the less time of digital video and the more on television. So, we are inexorably heading towards this new audiovisual paradigm.
To get it right, keep in mind that videos around 3 minutes are the most popular.
Current data on the platform makes us understand the importance of this video portal since it is the second website with the most traffic in the world behind Google:
- According to YouTube, more than 1.9 billion users log into the global video platform every month, and more than 1 billion hours of video are watched every day. Not one lifetime would be enough to see it all!
- It is present in 90 countries, and in 80 languages. That means that 95% of internet users can understand the platform.
- In the last five years, they have paid more than $2 billion to partners who chose to monetize their claims through Content ID.
- YouTube is the second most visited place on the internet according to Alexa since people spend an average of 8 minutes and 41 seconds every day.
- Within this trend, mobile devices play a crucial role, since 70% of views come from mobile.
This is the social network par excellence. It is true that in recent times it has received criticism and has had to solve several problems.
But it is always reinventing itself and adapting to new consumer needs, which is why it continues to be the platform with the most users in the world.
There are already 2,701 million active users per month, according to Statista with data from October 2020.
People are five times more likely to watch videos on Facebook from their mobiles.
On average, Facebook generates more than 8 billion daily views of video content, which is more than 100 million hours of video per day.
And that for now, only 3% of Facebook content is in video format. The potential is very great and the competition is still low! Thus, it is easier to attract the attention of the consumer.
Videos are shared on average 89.5 times more than any other type of format, making them the most viral type of content on Facebook.
In addition, the native videos of the platform have 10 times more reach than the links to YouTube. So upload your videos on this network, instead of just sharing them from another channel.
One of its strengths is the autoplay of videos as the user scrolls through the latest news section.
Facebook covers all age groups, although the most common is from 25 to 34 years (25% of its active users).
Videos between 21 and 44 seconds are the most popular.
The queen network of photography also dares with video.
It has more than 1,158 million active users per month in 2020 and its audience is mainly millennial and centennial.
It launched its video feature in June 2013, and one of its main features is its brevity: videos were initially limited to 15 seconds, but can now be extended.
You can use the videos in your profile feed, in Stories, and also on Instagram TV.
In this video that I leave you here, I explain in great detail the possibilities of Instagram at the monetization level and how to take advantage of the video format.
The ghost network already has millions of active users per month in 2020 and has a particularly young audience.
Every day 3,000 million snaps are created on the platform (videos & images) and 10,000 million video views are made per day, according to data from Omnicore Agency.
The videos on this network last seconds so if you really want to conquer your audience, keep it short!
This network brings interesting news in the video marketing sector.
It has 386 million active users per month as of 2020, is consolidated, and is highly focused on current news.
You can view live video from Moments, from the Explore tab, from trends, from Tweets from an account that is live streaming, and in Fleets.
You can also watch live programming from Twitter and Periscope’s global broadcasts on Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV.
Plus, you can watch live 360° videos from Periscope and discover content on Periscope’s global map on Apple TV. Xbox and Android TV users can enjoy Twitter by launching the web browser and going to twitter.com.
You can share videos with a link from YouTube, but you can also upload them natively, although these cannot last more than 2 minutes and 20 seconds today. Otherwise, you will have to cut them.
Apart from these five, Vimeo and Dailymotion are also good options for video marketing.
Tips to Succeed with Your Video Marketing
Have you already convinced yourself of everything that video can contribute to your brand? To finish, I want to share with you these 9 tips so that your video marketing strategy goes off without a hitch:
- Look for videos that generate interactions. In particular, focus on creating content that users can and want to share. Make it as easy as possible for them and look for themes that make them feel reflected, that move them to action, or that are useful to them.
- Create emotional content. Aristotle already said it: pathos or recourse to emotion is one of the most effective tools to persuade and move the masses. Video is one of the best formats to elicit an emotional response to take advantage of it!
- Adapt your videos to the algorithms of each social network. Think about the different ways in which networks like Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat behave when sharing content. For example, on Twitter, the last hour prevails and on Snapchat, the content is ephemeral, while on Facebook you can count on longer times for users to react.
- Include SEO in your strategy. Especially if your video campaigns include YouTube, good optimization is crucial to increase the number of views. But each social network has its own positioning strategies so don’t forget to do your SEO homework!
- The good thing is brief twice good. You already know the saying, right? Well, now is the time to apply it. Although each network has its “star duration”, one of the characteristics that make it easy for your videos to succeed is that they are short. The shorter, the better!
- Use storytelling to communicate more effectively. If you want to win over your users and make them remember your brand, tell them a great story! No one wants to see (let alone share) “yet another ad”, be creative and you will win their heart.
- Make the customer the protagonist. For your content to have an impact on the user, they must feel that it speaks to them. We live in a world full of content and we have become accustomed to quickly filtering out what is not for us, so if you want to gain the attention of users, make them feel like a central part of the story.
- Start strong. One of the great enemies of video marketing is abandonment. Many users stop watching a video after a few seconds, so you need to engage them from the very beginning. The first 30 seconds are key to making sure they stay with you.
- Integrate the video with the rest of your brand. Digital marketing in general, and video campaigns in particular, are one more ingredient of your advertising and branding strategy. Create videos that reflect the style, values , and unique personality that define you.
I hope that this article on video marketing has clarified this concept for you and helped you to have a more general vision of the subject.
Also, we have brought you important facts about social media and social video trends and 9 wonderful tips to make your videos great.
Do you dare to create your first video for social networks and thus promote your video marketing? If yes then do comment on which one you gonna use.
I usｅⅾ to ƅе recommended this web site by mеans of my cousin. I am now not positive ԝhether tһiѕ post is wｒitten bу him as nobody eⅼse understand sᥙch precise аbout my
difficulty. Үߋu’re wonderful! Thank you!
Alѕo visit my web-site: audience segmentation