The Digital Marketing field is growing very rapidly day by day, especially after the lockdown session, everyone wants to take their business online.
This increase follows the exponential evolution of digital marketing, as they want to create an online presence for their business.
But it also makes the task of entrepreneurs and their teams in this area more complex to identify and implement tools that meet market dynamics and business objectives.
To help with this challenge, I’ve selected 15 important digital marketing tools to leverage business and increase digital presence.
Using them, the entrepreneur will be able to monitor the performance of digital channels, manage goals and KPIs (key performance indicators) optimize the dynamics of their team and generate valuable insights based on facts and data.
Best and Most Important Digital Marketing Tools
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is the most used free tool by digital marketers. Its main objective is to monitor the traffic of a website, e-commerce, or application.
Within the platform, it is possible to analyze standard reports and also customize the dashboards according to your business needs. In addition to user experience data, it also provides Google’s proprietary audience information such as age, gender, interests, affinities, and industry.
See below for some available information:
- Visits – Total number of visitors, pages per session, and time of visit
- Traffic sources – Where are the website hits coming from (direct, organic, paid media, social networks, referrals, and others)
- Goals – What were the goals achieved and their respective origins
- E-commerce – How is your virtual store performing?
- Marketing – What are the marketing campaigns that generate the best results
With SimilarWeb it is possible to analyze traffic data from any website or application.
With this information, it is possible to benchmark the competition, identify new competitors, discover new markets, and map trends.
They collect 5 billion events daily that are categorized and sanitized, that is, all data considered bad or with problems are deleted.
Among the information available for free are:
- Overview: Total visits, engagement, traffic sources
- Audience Interests: Categories and Topics
- Search: Percentage of organic traffic, organic and paid words
- Social: Percentage of traffic per social network
- Display Advertising: Percentage of Display ad traffic and channel share
- Similar: Similar websites and apps
3. Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free platform for monitoring and maintaining a website’s presence in Google’s search results.
You must need to use these digital marketing tools, as this will help you to track your performance on the Google search engine.
Search Console offers a complete dashboard with a lot of important information, which directly impacts the performance of the page when the focus is ranking in the Google search engine.
Below is the main information from Search Console to perform an SEO audit:
- Search Appearance: How Google is reading every part of the page’s titles, descriptions, images, etc.
- Search Traffic: What people are looking for on Google that makes them click (or not) on your site
- Google Index: How is Google performing in indexing the pages of your site and identifying the keywords that appear the most
- Crawling: What problems are Google’s robots having when scouring the pages of your site in search of relevant content
- Security issues: Notifications of security issues detected on your website
To improve a website’s user experience, it is important to monitor user interactions with all elements on the page.
The Hotjar tool offers a complete package to map the consumer journey within the website:
- Heatmaps: shows where visitors hovered on the screen
- Click maps: indicates the areas where visitors clicked the most on your site
- Scroll maps: shows the scrolling depth of the mouse within a page
- Visitor Recordings: Record the user’s session on video by tracking mouse movement and clicks.
- Feedback Poll: polls with questions about the content and satisfaction surveys such as NPS (Net Promoter Score)
- Test User: selects users to perform experience and design tests
With this information, it is possible to prioritize layout changes, optimize conversion rates, create experiments, and improve CTAs (call-to-action) among other actions.
5. Google Tag Manager
Implementing and managing tracking tags from different monitoring tools can be a complex mission and usually involves the IT team.
To centralize and simplify the management of these tags, Google created the Tag Manager.
With this tool, any professional who has access to the platform can add or change tags without having to access the website’s line of code.
Tag Manager increases the agility and autonomy of the marketing team, making it possible to update scripts on the site in real-time in a centralized and secure way.
An excellent free design tool, Canva‘s main differentiators are its intuitive interface, numerous layout options, and template customization.
One of the best digital marketing tools to design your marketing materials
It also allows the team to collaborate with specific suggestions, making the process of approving and sharing creatives less bureaucratic and faster.
Below are some templates that Canva offers:
- Posts for Social Networks (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Google +)
- Graphics and much more.
7. RD Station
RD Station is a complete marketing automation platform, with all the necessary features to automate the processes of a Digital Marketing strategy.
It enables companies to attract website visitors, turn visitors into business opportunities, relate to these potential customers, close sales, and analyze the ROI (return on investment) of each channel.
A very strong point of this tool is the functionality dedicated to business intelligence, which allows us to understand which channels and campaigns.
These are bringing the most return and how the overall business performance is doing, enabling better decision-making in the future.
Among the features available in RD Station are:
- Project planning (Success Plans)
- SEO analysis
- Landing Pages, Forms, and pop-ups
- E-mail marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Contact management and segmentation
- Qualification of contacts (Lead Scoring)
- Business intelligence (Marketing BI)
BuzzSumo is a very effective tool to identify the contents that performed best on social networks on a given topic.
The dynamics are quite simple: type the topic to be analyzed in the search bar, and the application will return the content with the highest number of general shares and also separated by the main social networks.
To make the search even more assertive, BuzzSumo makes it possible to filter the results by date, language, country, domain, and content type.
In addition to search, it also offers a real-time trending board that can also be filtered by topics such as business, technology, news, entertainment, videos, and custom.
Analyzing the most shared content, it is possible to identify correlations between keywords, type of language, titles, descriptions, and depth, among other information.
It can help in the production or optimization of content on a given based on updated data in real-time about engagement users on different platforms.
Keyword.io is a tool that helps to find out what words and terms people are typing in the main search engines (Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon, and App Store).
It uses Google Autocomplete results to generate hundreds of long-tail word suggestions.
To optimize the search, it is possible to add negative keywords and, in this way, filter terms that do not add value to the analysis in question.
Another interesting feature is the list of questions, that is, the tool can identify which are the most frequently asked questions about a given topic.
This is a simple yet powerful tool that can contribute to different areas of Digital Marketing such as paid media, content production, and SEO.
is a corporate communication software that allows the creation of channels that can be divided by teams, projects, topics, or any subject that is relevant and needs a specific channel, such as a crisis management forum.
A strong point of Slack, in addition to strengthening communication between teams and organizing information and files, is integration.
It allows connection to various applications such as task management tools, social networks, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
This solution is interesting because the internal conversations are much more organized and the files are easier to find since the internal search is robust and fast.
Most digital marketing initiatives are multidisciplinary and involve different people and areas, so planning and managing all the processes that are in progress is a very difficult task.
Trello’s simplicity is the secret to success, it has several features to manage not only ongoing projects but the performance of the team as a whole.
Through the analysis of boards, cards, labels, and checklists, managing and updating the deadlines and status of each project is a simple and intuitive task.
Trello has a very efficient system of notifications via email, just start following a board to receive all updates in time.
It is also possible to create teams and delegate tasks, share files, and filter boards by keyword, status, tag, etc.
It also provides an application so you can follow projects wherever you are.
To better understand how digital marketing project management works.
Hootsuite is a tool created to optimize and automate social media engagement.
In a single panel, it is possible to manage the accounts of all the company’s social networks, monitor mentions, respond to comments, schedule posts and track important keywords for the business, in order to find new leads and engage influencers in the world of social networks.
The tool provides solutions for:
- Analyze data from social networks
- Engage the audience
- Publish and schedule posts across multiple channels
- Monitor keywords and generate insights
- Create approval flows
- Specific permissions for each user level
Hootsuite allows the complete management of social channels, which facilitates the routine of the entrepreneur or his Marketing department.
Creating a landing page to promote a particular product or service is a successful strategy to generate leads and capture information relevant to the business.
Unbounce‘s mission is to democratize landing page building and increase your conversion rates.
With Unbounce anyone can create a Landing Page. The platform is intuitive, and most of its functionality is based on drag and drop technology.
Therefore, to create a page just drag and drop elements such as text boxes, images, forms, videos, buttons, and much more.
They also offer tools to optimize on-page conversions such as pop-ups, A/B testing of content, dynamic texts that talk to ads that direct users to the landing page, and customizable forms.
In addition to these features, Unbounce integrates with content management, CRM, marketing automation, and email marketing tools.
These integrations are important because they reduce efforts to manually unify and consolidate data analysis into a single system.
Mailchimp is a simple, easy-to-setup email marketing tool.
Its platform is very intuitive and its features meet both the needs of a small business and those of companies with a large volume of triggers and complex relationship rules.
Among the main features are:
- A platform for creating emails (drag and drop concept)
- Customizable email templates
- Advanced subscriber segmentation
- Automations based on user behavior on the website
- Reports that can be shared with the team
- Application to manage your campaigns
Generating relevant traffic and converting users into leads are major challenges for digital marketers. Sumome helps with these two tasks: for lead acquisition it offers pop-ups, scroll boxes, smart bars, and contact forms.
To increase site traffic options are sharing images and content on social networks.
Some of the features that make Sumome a powerful tool are:
- A/B testing of images and messages
- Insertion of custom fields
- The dashboard within the platform itself
- Advanced audience segmentation (traffic source, page, device, location, parameters in the URL, hashtag)
- Possibility of inserting conversion tracking codes
- Display rules according to behavior (time-on-site or action)
- Integrations with various CRM and Digital Marketing tools
That’s all I hope this article somehow helps you in finding the important digital marketing tools